Travelling with Infant but worried about packing list — Don’t worry because the size of list is not so infant.
Little travelers need a surprising amount of stuff; especially for toddlers / infants / babies below 1 year…!
There are certain basic requirements that you need to take with you everywhere you go with infant.
Hygiene Related -
- Diapers — One for each hour you will be in transit, plus extras in case of delays
- Diaper rash cream — Incase you use them for your baby
- Wet Wipes
- Pet bottles of disinfecting hand gel, baby wash, and baby lotion
Other ESSENTIALS -
- First aid kit — Baby pain reliever and supplies for treating minor injuries, cold flu, fever, etc
- Blankets Bring a few — you’ll use them to lay your baby on, cover your baby, cover yourself if you’re nursing, protect your clothes from messy burps, shade your baby, etc
- Extra bags — Carry a range of sizes for storing dirty diapers, clothes, and blankets.
- Clothes, socks, and booties or shoes Two — Four outfits per day is a good guideline. Pack baby’s clothes according to the climate (Winter/Summer)
- Washable bibs
- Baby shampoo/wash
- Baby toothbrush and toothpaste
- Baby comb, brush, and hair accessories
- Baby nail clippers
- Baby thermometer
- Extra pacifiers (if your baby uses one)
- A few of your baby’s favorite toys
Feeding Related -
- Lightweight plastic feeding set with utensils, and baby food or baby powder If your baby’s eating solid foods
- Water and juice if appropriate for your baby
- Extra bottles, nipples, and sippy cups
Carrying & Sleeping Accessories –
- Front carrier — Lightweight and hands-free way to keep your baby close in crowded places.
- Portable crib — A safe place for your baby to sleep or play
- Car seat — A safe travel by car or plane
- Inflatable baby bathtub — Can make bath time easier once you are at your destination
- Collapsible stroller — Can be gate-checked or stored in the overhead bin of a plane.
Don’t not panic in case you go missing on any of them as most of the items are available at all locations in any country / city of the world. But the idea is to be prepared for utmost emergency and NOT create a panicky situation in case of requirements. Hence its best to carry along all required items especially when it comes to infant.
Surprising Essentials for Flying with an Infant (Especially for International Flights)
You already know you’ll need diapers and bottles. But did you know about these surprising essentials for flying with a baby.
- A baby passport. It may appear silly to keep official documents for someone who cannot even crawl, but a passport is required if you’re flying with an infant.
- Custody and consent documents. If you’re traveling with a baby that is not biologically yours i.e solo with your baby or with a grandchild you will mandatorily require proof of the child’s identity, such as a birth certificate, and written consent from the child’s biological parent.
- Start preparing to pack a few days in advance of travel. Keep a running list of essentials to take.
- Use a diaper bag with a waterproof lining and a shoulder strap for ease to carry.
- Pack medicines and toiletries in resealable plastic bags to prevent leakages.
- Pack each of your baby’s outfits in its own zipped plastic bag so you don’t have to hunt around for tiny socks, shirts, and so on.
- Keep contact number for your baby’s healthcare provider always with you for any emergencies while you’re on the road.